GARBAGE DISPOSAL SERVICES IN GREENWOOD, IN
#1 Garbage Disposal Services in Greenwood, IN
If your garbage disposal isn’t working as it should, call Complete Comfort Heating, Air, & Plumbing at (317) 535-5073 for repairs.
Adding a garbage disposal to your kitchen sink is a convenient way to eliminate food waste after washing dishes. They help protect your plumbing from clogs caused by large pieces of food, but like any other appliance, they can break down. When this happens, the Complete Comfort Heating, Air, & Plumbing team is standing by to provide prompt, efficient garbage disposal services in Greenwood, IN.
As the go-to source for HVAC and plumbing in Greenwood, our expert technicians can quickly diagnose garbage disposal issues, make the necessary repairs, or install a replacement if necessary. We’re also available 24/7 for any plumbing emergency.
The Most Common Problems with Garbage Disposals
Garbage disposals shred and grind food waste into small pieces using impeller blades. This keeps the waste from blocking the drain pipe and causing a clog. Some of the most common issues with garbage disposals include:
- Turning on, but not grinding food.
- Loud or unusual noises.
- Not turning on or not staying on.
- Leaks underneath the disposal.
- Clogs or backups into the sink.
- Unpleasant odors from the drain.
Each of these problems requires professional repair. Sometimes, the issue isn’t a malfunction but rather normal wear and tear. In that case, our technicians can help you select and install a new garbage disposal.
Keep Your Garbage Disposal Problem-Free
The best way to avoid problems with your garbage disposal is to be careful about what goes down the drain. Only small bits of food waste belong in the disposal. If you can scoop it out with your hand, it belongs in the trash.
Other ways to avoid issues that require garbage disposal services in Greenwood, IN, include:
- Flushing the system with cold water while running the disposal. Using hot water can melt grease and fats, which solidify when they cool and cause a clog.
- Avoiding bleach and store-bought cleaners: Using bleach or drain cleaners can cause impeller blades to deteriorate.
- Limiting how much goes in: Overfilling the disposal unit is a quick way to clog it.
- Not grinding hard objects like bones or fibrous materials like corn husks: These weaken and dull the impeller blades.
Never Put These Foods in Garbage Disposals
While bones and corn husks can damage garbage disposals, so can other foods. To protect the appliance, avoid rinsing the following foods down the drain:
- Stringy and starchy vegetables, including potatoes, asparagus, celery, and beans
- Grease and oil
- Fruit pits
- Coffee grounds
- Pasta and rice
Call Complete Comfort Heating, Air, & Plumbing for Garbage Disposal Services in Greenwood, IN
If, despite your best attempts, something goes wrong with your garbage disposal, don’t worry. Our team provides reliable garbage disposal services in Greenwood, IN. One of our licensed plumbers will get your disposal working again quickly.
Complete Comfort Heating, Air, & Plumbing is Greenwood’s leading source for any HVAC or plumbing issue. Whether you’re having a problem with the furnace or want to know, “Why does my bathroom smell like sewage?” we can help. Call (317) 535-5073 to make an appointment any time, day or night.